---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Brian Screaton
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2026 at 10:48
Subject: Clarence House visit
From: Brian Screaton
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2026 at 10:48
Subject: Clarence House visit
Hello All,
Here are the details of the Family History Society's event at Clarence House (the old school on Humberstone Gate) on 14th September at 2pm. All are welcome but you need to book a place, as below. I understand that the limit of 20 people is flexible.
I am still awaiting details regarding Bill Mann's funeral, which I will pass on as soon as I have them.
I've not managed to resolve the apparent issue with .ntlworld and .blueyonder email addresses. I think my emails to those addresses are being rejected as spam. However If you have an account with those two and you do actually get this email, I'd be very glad if you would let me know.
Best wishes,
Brian
Monday 14 September
2pm
Hosted by the Leicestershire and Rutland Family History Society (LRFHS), an opportunity to visit Clarence House and
hear about its history which dates back to 1878. Designed by Edward Burgess, the building has been home to two different
schools and a further education college before being bought by its current owners Age UK.The building’s Great Hall houses
Hosted by the Leicestershire and Rutland Family History Society (LRFHS), an opportunity to visit Clarence House and
hear about its history which dates back to 1878. Designed by Edward Burgess, the building has been home to two different
schools and a further education college before being bought by its current owners Age UK.The building’s Great Hall houses
two war memorials, commemorating former pupils of the Newarke School (WW1) and the City Boys’ School (WW2).
There will be a small exhibition including information about some of the servicemen commemorated onthe two war memorials.
In addition, there will be an opportunity to visit the LRFHS’s new research centre.
Unfortunately the cafe won't be open due to staff cutbacks.
The tour will last approx 90 minutes. Max 20 people. To book please email publicity@lrfhs.org.uk or tel 0770 8883147.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.